Video: Co-Ops and Interns Discussion with Randy Bunch and Herb Dew
October 2, 2017 • by Alicia Leary
With the increase in demand for talent, attracting and retaining employees is more critical than ever. Learn how you can attract talent before they are in the job market. HTI and Robert Bosch have worked together for many years to develop an internship/co-op program that provides access to the top talent with each graduating class. As a result, Robert Bosch now has a pool of available candidates that have experience with Robert Bosch systems, programs, and methodologies upon graduation.
This Friday Morning Coffee discussion is with Randy Bunch, Director of Human Resources at Robert Bosch and Herb Dew, CEO of HTI. It took place on 9/15/17 at HTI Greenville. Visit our Eventbrite page to stay informed about future events and Friday Morning Coffee sessions.
Internship/Co-op Session Topics:
- The difference between a summer internship, ongoing co-ops and apprenticeships
- The importance of capturing students before graduation so you’re at the front of the line
- Perspectives and decisions to invest in this program
- The Bosch scholar program
- Rotational programs and whether or not they will work for your site
- How you can use students within your organization
- The advantages and complexities of these programs
- How to decide how many interns, co-ops, or apprentices to bring on
- How to decide what projects students should work on